Thursday, July 8, 2010

2010 Cookout at the Tollhouse

Hello Everyone,

Well I had another cookout (sans Open House) this year at the ol' Tollhouse. The attendees were mainly coworkers and a couple of friends as well. A new feature at the Tollhouse was a firepit made this past April. I went back and forth from the creek and various other spots in the yard to gather just the right shape rocks to make the pit. Below are some pictures from the cookout:







Generally this is what the cookout looked like. My contractor let me use his canopy. As it just so happened, he had bought the canopy brand new to keep his equipment dry during the tollhouse restoration in 2008.







My friend and former landlady Sally, with my best friend at work, Glenn. She brought the tunes and he brought some of his birding knowledge.
Oh, and congrats to the new

Grandpa Glenn!














Laura and her husband. A great couple and I was very glad that they could make it. They brought the s'mores and we had a great time with that!

















Me and my favorite team leader. Sabrina came with her husband, accompanied by their son and his girlfriend.










Speaking of whom, here is the happy couple :)
















And there was more than one happy couple: Josh and his wife Paula.... thanks for coming! I think s'mores was her favorite part!



















My friend Patrick (getting s'mores with Sally). My cookout just happened to coincide with his DC vacation week, so he stayed with me all week, since my tenant, Gino, was moving out.















Thus ended another good cookout and hopefully I can have next years' cookout in May to avoid some of the chronic hot June weather we've had. Thanks to all who came, and SPECIAL thanks to the ladies who helped with getting the sides and fixin's prepared for all to enjoy!

1 comment: